Give my little buddies some tunes to grow by and play by. Let'em shuck and jive till they drop!
1. All Your Love - Magic Sam 2. Give Me Back My Wig - Hound Dog Taylor 3. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson 4. Worried Life Blues - Sleepy John Estes 5. If Trouble Was Money - Albert Collins 6. I Ain't Superstitious - Willie Dixon
7. Dixie Fried - Carl Perkins 8. B-I-Bickey-Bi, Bo-Bo-Go - Gene Vincent and His Bluecaps 9. Lonesome Train - Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N' Roll Trio 10. Hoy Hoy - Collins Kids 11. Twenty Flight Rock - Eddie Cochran 12. Tongue-Tied Jill - Charlie Feathers With Jody
13. Extreme – “More Than Words” 14. 10cc – “I’m Not in Love” 15. Leo Sayer – “When I Need You “ 17. David Soul – “Don’t Give Up On Us” 18. Bertie Higgins – “Key Largo”
19. Blues In The Night - Woody Herman w/his Orchestra (v) (1941) 20. Tenderly - Randy Brooks & His Orchestra (1946) 21. Sentimental Journey - Les Brown Band w/Doris Day (v) (1945) 22. Sometimes I'm Happy - Lester Young (I) (1943) 23. Don't Be That Way - Benny Goodman Orchestra (1938) 24. Stardust - Charlie Spivak Orchestra (1943-aircheck)
Start the day with this group of melodies for my buddies. Get them stirring a bit!
Try Try Again – Camille Howard Don’t Say Maybe – Don Roberts You Send Me – Teresa Brewer Al Di La - Connie Francis All I Have To Do Is Dream – Richard chamberlain Look Of Love – Leslie Gore Two Faces Have I – Lou Christy I Will Follow Him – Peggy March Beautiful Dreamer – Roy Orbison Your Love – Connie Francis You Send Me – Teresa Brewer You’re My Everything – Anita Baker Eye On The Prize – Mavis Staples At Last – Etta James United Together – Aretha Franklin Giving Up – Gladys Knight & The Pips Too Darn Hot – Ella Fitzgerald Sweet Jenny Lee – Cab Calloway Everybody Loves My Baby – Glenn Miller Uptown Girl – Billy Joel Take My Breath Away – Berlin I Write The Songs – Barry Manilow Careless Heart – Roy Orbison Tiny Dancer – Elton John
Nice afternoon so I thought with all the jumping outside I would add a little rhythm to put some bounce in their step!
Turned the boom box up and and played this cd list.
That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings He Went To Paris – Jimmy Buffet Toes – Zac Brown Band Sangria Wine – Jerry Jeff Walker I’m On a Boat – The Lonely Island I Go Back – Kenny Chesney Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith Beer Run – Garth Brooks Stitched Up – Herbie Hancock, feat. John Mayer No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems – Kenny Chesney
ALOHA AMIGO - Arthur Lyman THE PLANET PLAN - United Future Organization THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY - Hugo Montenegro LA PALOMA - Mantovani WAVE - Joao Gilberto THE LADY IS A TRAMP - Sammy CHINA NIGHTS - Martin Denny SOUL BOSSA NOVA - Quincy Jones THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC - Sammy JUNGLE FLOWER - Martin Denny
And ease them with a couple of uptown tunes.
Orff - Carmina Burana: O Fortuna Strauss, R - Also Sprach Zarathustra Offenbach - Orpheus In The Underworld: Infernal Galop
Beautiful sun shiny day. Going to be in high 70's. This being the case I'm going to take the boom box out and serenade the critters and a few plants.
Put in this cd:
Two Tickets to Paradise – Eddie Money Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole Live High – Jason Mraz Life, Love & Laughter – Donovan Frankenreiter Hey, Soul Sister – Train Sideways – Dierks Bentley Life’s Been Good – Eagles Say Hey – Michael Franti & Spearhead Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
SIMILAU - Martin Denny YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO YOUNG - Frank PERFIDIA - Mantovani FOOL'S PARADISE - United Future Organization HEGA DE SAUDADE - Quincy Jones SO DANCO SAMBA - Jobim TINY BUBBLES - Don Ho JAPANESE FAREWELL SONG - Denny
Johnny Paycheck- Motel Time Again Hank Williams- Never Get Out of The World Alive Wynn Stewart- Playboy Lefty Frizzell- Travelin Blues Bobby Bare- Detroit City The Wilburn Brothers- Barred From Every Honkytonk George Jones- Tarnished Angel
Sun has busted through the fog and the rain has stopped so time to get the plants and critters jivein' to some 60s jams. If the rain stays away long enough maybe take em back 20 more to some swing and jazz. A bit of musical education!
Money- Barrett Strong Love Potion No. 9- Clovers You're So Fine- Falcons Handy Man - Jimmy Jones Sea Of Love- Phil Phillips with the Twilights Baby What You Want Me To Do- Jimmy Reed A Teenager In Love- Dion & the Belmonts I'm Ready- Fats Domino Charlie Brown- Coasters Back In The U.S.A.- Chuck Berry Come Softly To Me- Fleetwoods Beyond The Sea- Bobby Darin Dedicated To The One I Love- Shirelles Dream Lover- Bobby Darin It's Late- Ricky Nelson Sleep Walk - Santo & Johnny Sweet Nothin's- Brenda Lee
Already hit 73 and still climbing. Time to get nature to put a little bump into it. Loaded the boom box with some get down, barrelhouse blues.
These will get it rockin'!
1. Memphis Blues - W.C. Handy 2. Crazy Blues - Mamie Smith 3. Pine Top Boogie - Pine Top Smith 4. Dust My Broom - Elmore James 5. Boogie Chillun - John Lee Hooker 6. Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters 7. Stormy Monday - T-Bone Walker 8. Hellhound On My Trail - Robert Johnson 9. Spoonful - Willie Dixon 10. The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King 11. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl - Sonny Boy Williamson I 12. Born Under A Bad Sign - Albert King 13. Forty Four Blues - Roosevelt Sykes 14. Smokestack Lightnin' - Howlin' Wolf 15. Statesboro Blues - Taj Mahal 16. Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters 17. Juke - Little Walter 18. The Little Red Rooster - Willie Dixon 19. Come In My Kitchen - Robert Johnson 20. I'm a King Bee - Slim Harpo 21. The Things That I Used To Do - Guitar Slim 22. Back Door Man - Willie Dixon
Take the little beauties a walk back in musical history with a bit of 30s & 40s swing. Get those leaves shuffling.
1. String of Pearls - Glenn Miller Band (1942) 2. Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - The Andrews Sisters (1937) 3. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Andrews Sisters (1941) 4. At The Woodchoppers Ball - Woody Herman Orchestra (1939) 5. Jumpin' At The Woodside - Count Basie Orchestra (1938) 6. T'Ain't Whatcha Do - Jimmie Lunceford Band (1939) 7. One O'Clock Jump - Count Basie Orchestra (1937) 8. Flying Home - Lionel Hampton Band (1942) 9. Blues In The Night - Woody Herman w/his Orchestra (1941) 10. Tenderly - Randy Brooks & His Orchestra (1946) 11. Sentimental Journey - Les Brown Band w/Doris Day (1945) 12. Sometimes I'm Happy - Lester Young (1943) 13. Don't Be That Way - Benny Goodman Orchestra (1938) 14. Stardust - Charlie Spivak Orchestra (1943)
Maybe late afternoon take em into Elvis, Bobby Vee and Jay and the Americans period. Evening to ABBA to Orbison.
Rain has stopped for awhile so thought I'd serenade the critters and plants with some late afternoon, early evening music. Ease em down with some classical.
Boom box is loaded with a cd with the goodies:
Bizet - Carmen: Les Toreadors Khachaturian -Gayane: Sabre Dance Beethoven - Symphony No. 9: Ode To Joy Elgar - Pomp And Circumstance March No. 1 Grieg - Peer Gynt: In The Hall Of The Mountain King Ponchielli - La Gioconda: Dance Of The Hours Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 Mendelssohn - Midsummer Night's Dream: Wedding March Rimsky-Korsakov - Tale Of Tsar Saltan: Flight Of The Bumblebee
You beauties listen and I'll tip the wine glass and enjoy with you!
Once the sun comes out and the plants and critters are dry going to crank them up with this cd:
1 "Sandman" by America 2 "Bluebird" by Wings 3 "Summerbreeze" by Seals & Croft 4 "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel" 5 "Peacetrain" by Cat Stevens 6 "Time in a bottle" by Jim Croce 7 "Taxi" by Harry Chapin 8 "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan 9 "Daniel" by Elton John 10 "If you could read my mind" G. Lightfoot 11 "What a fool believes" by the D. Brothers 12 "FM" by Steely Dan 13 "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac 14 "Desperado" by The Eagles 15 "Lady" by Little River Band 16 "Showdown" by E.L.O. 17 "Running on empty" by Jackson Brown 18 "If this is it" by Kenny Loggins 19 "Aubrey" by Bread 20 "You got a friend" by James Taylor