Since some of us serenade the plants and critters during the growing season thought it would be nice to set up jukebox of tunes for mornings wake up, afternoon box for play and work and evening box of tunes for cruise time down. I'll start with a morning tune by Judy Garland - Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody, Afternoon box with Helen Shapiro - Walkin' Back to Happiness and ABBA - Thank You for The Music, evening box star with Cilla Black - You're My World and closed it down with Handel- Violin Sonata in D minor.
Add to the box and let's build a great repertoire of jams for our plants and critters!
Adding to the morning tunes..ABBA- If It Wasn't for The Nights, Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline, Agnetha Faltskog - Perfume in The Breeze, Alicia Keyes - Diary. These ought to get the birds and squirrels jumping!
No music for the critters today. Rain, thunderstorms, showers more rain. Guess I'll sort through the music index and find boogie woogie piano and blues. Might even check into Lounge and Swing tunes.
Love and Kisses- Chick Webb, Henri Pelissier- Green Eyes, Lullaby of the Leaves - Dave McKenna. Bye Bye Boogie - Amos Milburn, Piano Boogie - Rob Hoeke, The Fives - Jimmy Yancey, Memphis Slim - Mr. Sykes Blues. Sunshine tomorrow so going to have a mid-morning switch to soft rock and afternoon to maybe rockabilly.
Sun finally breaking through so I'm going to drop some coins in the box and fire up rockabilly for a few hours. How about these:
1. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins 2. Baby Let's Play House - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill 3. One Hand Loose - Charlie Feathers With Jody and Jerry 4. Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill 5. Matchbox - Carl Perkins 6. The Train Kept A-Rollin' - Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N' Roll Trio 7. Bottle To The Baby - Charlie Feathers With Jody and Jerry 8. That's All Right - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill 9. Red Hot - Billy Riley / Robert Gordon with Link Wray 10. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N' Roll Trio 11. Race With The Devil - Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps
12. Honey Hush - Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N' Roll Trio 13. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby - Carl Perkins 14. Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill 15. Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith
Late afternoon so drop a few more coins in the juke and play some soft rock:
01. Christopher Cross – “Sailing” 02. Styx – “Babe” 03. Rupert Holmes – “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)” 04. Barry Manilow – “Mandy” 05. Chicago – “If You Leave Me Now” 06. Air Supply – “Making Love Out Of Nothing At All” 07. Kansas – “Dust In The Wind” 08. The Doobie Brothers – “What A Fool Believes” 09. Hall and Oates – “One On One” 10. Chuck Mangione – “Feels So Good” 11. Olivia Newton-John – “I Honestly Love You” 12. Starland Vocal Band – “Afternoon De 13. Carpenters – “Superstar” 14. Seals & Crofts – “Summer Breeze” light”
Going to slide over to the jukebox and play some barrel house blues. Got the list in hand! ;)
1. Shake Your Moneymaker - Elmore James 2. Matchbox Blues - Blind Lemon Jefferson 3. Hideaway - Freddie King 4. How Long, How Long Blues - Leroy Carr & Scrapper Blackwell 5. Five Long Years - B.B. King 6. Red House - Jimi Hendrix 7. Cross Road Blues - Robert Johnson 37. All Your Love - Magic Sam 8. Give Me Back My Wig - Hound Dog Taylor 9. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson 10. Worried Life Blues - Sleepy John Estes 11. If Trouble Was Money - Albert Collin
12. I Ain't Superstitious - Willie Dixon
Later in the day hit it with some hardwood honky tonk for the seedlings and critters. ()Back yard going to be jumping!
Gonna hit the tonk in a few. Got the list in hand and the coins in the pockets.
Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor - Johnny Horton Honky Tonk Man - Jonny Horton I'm a One Woman Man - Jonny Horton Dog-Gone It Baby, I;m in Love - Carl Smith Live Fast,Love Hard,Die Young -Faron Young I Heard About You - Charline Arthur Honky Tonkin' Maddox Bros. & Rose (Now & Then, There's) A Fool Such As I -Hank Snow I Dont Hurt Anymore -Hank Snow Invitation to the Blues -Ray Price
Early evening going to settle in for some shonuf roadhouse!
Margaritaville -- Jimmy Buffett 2. All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight -- Hank Williams Jr. 3. Beer For My Horses -- Toby Keith/Willie Nelson 4. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer -- George Thorogood/John Lee Hooker 5. Tequila Sunrise -- The Eagles 6. Drinkin' My Baby Goodbye -- Charlie Daniels 7. Whiskey River -- Willie Nelson 8. It's Five O'Clock Somewhere -- Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett 9. Double Vision -- Foreigner 10. Beer in Mexico -- Kenny Chesney 11. I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink -- Merle Haggard
After this end going to grab a cab and cruise on back to the barn. Boy what a night!
Raining out today and as I approached the box with list in hand and coins ready to drop noticed a note pasted on the box " Put a lid on it...not dancing in the rain" So I headed back inside and played the tunes from cd for me and my Yorkie. I more excited than her. Go figger? LOL! No music action until Tue. due to rain and they will be ready to jump and jive!!
Lionel Hampton - High Society Johnny Hodges - Wham Red Norvo Trio, The With Tal Farlow And Charles Mingus Lionel Hampton - Cheek To Cheek
Lionel Hampton -Ring Dem Bells Les Brown - The Moon Was Yellow Dinah Washington -I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart Tommy Dorsey And His Orchestra - Birmingham Bounce Lester Young - Encore Jack Teagarden - 12th Street Rag Lionel Hampton - Slide Hamp Slide Ben Webster - Cotton Tail Dinah Washington - Pennies From Heaven
Sunshine and 73 today. Going to get the boombox and jukebox going and give the seedlings and critters some gitty up tunes. Sit back for a bit and watch the squirrels shimmy.
Honey Hush - Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N' Roll Trio Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby - Carl Perkins Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith All Mama's Children - Carl Perkins Rock This Town - Stray Cats Stutterin' Papa - Buck Griffin Sag, Drag and Fall - Sid King and the Five Strings Rockin' Daddy - Sonny Fishe Juice Newton – “Angel Of The Morning” Anne Murray – “You Needed Me” Phil Collins – “One More Night” REO Speedwagon – “I Can’t Fight This Feeling” Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson – “Tonight, I Celebrate My Love” Orleans – “Still the One”
Captain & Tennille – “Do That To Me One More Time” Michael Bolton – “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You” Toto – “Rosanna” Back Door Man - Willie Dixon It's My Own Fault - B.B. King I'm Tore Down - Freddie King T-Bone Blues - T-Bone Walker Sweet Home Chicago - Robert Johnson Preaching The Blues - Son House Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out - Bessie Smith